Take advantage of low rates and get the most out of your home. Our Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) program provides you ready cash whenever you need it and an easy way to meet your financial obligations.
- Pay for home improvements, like a kitchen remodel or new deck. Remodeling Magazine details which home remodeling projects will be worth the effort.
- Save money by paying off those high-interest rate loans and credit card balances.
- Send your kids to college or pay for those medical expenses.
With a HELOC, you are borrowing against the available equity in your home and your home is being used as collateral for the line of credit. Much like a credit card that allows you to borrow against your spending limit as often as needed, a CSDCU HELOC gives you the flexibility to borrow against your home equity, repay and repeat throughout the borrowing period of 10 years, up to the credit limit established at closing. The amount of available credit is replenished as you repay your outstanding balance. At the end of the 10 year borrowing period, the repayment period of 15 years begins.
You need to have available equity in your primary residence to qualify for a HELOC. This means the amount you owe on your home must be less than the value of your home. With a CSDCU HELOC, you can borrow up to 90% of the value of your home minus the amount you owe (determined either by the county tax assessed value for HELOC's under $50,000 or by an appraisal by a certified appraiser for HELOC's over $50,000).
Home is appraised for $150,000 x 90% = $135,000. If your current 1st mortgage balance is $105,000, you could establish a HELOC with a maximum line of credit limit of $30,000.
HELOC Features Include:
- Minimum equity line is $5,000; maximum equity line is $200,000
- Low monthly payments with 15 year term. Payment examples:
- $30,000 balance @ 4.50% APR* = $250 monthly payment
- $50,000 balance @ 4.50% APR* = $390 monthly payment
- Interest may be tax-deductible
- Make payments easily with a payroll deduction, share transfer or direct payment
- Current Home Equity Loan rates
- E-mail a Loan Officer for more information.
- CSDCU Debt Protection - Life and Disability Protection is available to help protect your family and erase your debt.
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate. 4.50% APR is a variable rate which can change once a year in February.
Theenda Burrus - NMLS #442952
Theresa Lohkamp - NMLS #442948
Glenda Collins - NMLS #442954
Tracee Ryan - NMLS #442951
Rachel Becker - NMLS #442953
Edward Watts - NMLS #1892799