Home Equity Line of Credit
Take advantage of low rates and get the most out of your home. Our HELOC program provides you ready cash whenever you need it and an easy way to meet your financial obligations.
- Pay for home improvements, like a kitchen remodel or new deck
- Click here for a report from Remodeling Magazine on which home remodeling projects will be worth the effort
- Save money by paying off those high-interest rate loans and credit card balances
- Send your kids to college or pay for those medical expenses
With a HELOC, you are borrowing against the available equity in your home and your home is being used as collateral for the line of credit. Much like a credit card that allows you to borrow against your spending limit as often as needed, a CSDCU HELOC gives you the flexibility to borrow against your home equity, repay and repeat throughout the borrowing period of 10 years, up to the credit limit established at closing. The amount of available credit is replenished as you repay your outstanding balance. At the end of the 10 year borrowing period, the repayment period of 15 years begins.
You need to have available equity in your primary residence to qualify for a HELOC. This means the amount you owe on your home must be less than the value of your home. With a CSDCU HELOC, you can borrow up to 90% of the value of your home (determined by the county tax assessed value or appraisal) minus the amount you owe.
Home is appraised for $150,000 x 90% = $135,000. If your current 1st mortgage balance is $105,000, you could establish a HELOC with a maximum line of credit of $30,000.
HELOC features include:
- Minimum equity line is $5,000; maximum equity line is $100,000
- Low monthly payments with 15 year term
- Payment examples:
- $30,000 balance @ 4.50%* Annual Percentage Rate = $250 monthly payment
- $50,000 balance @ 4.50%* Annual Percentage Rate = $390 monthly payment
- Interest may be tax-deductible
- Make payments easily with a payroll deduction, share transfer or direct payment
- Click here for current Home Equity rates
- E-mail a Loan Officer for more information
- CSDCU Debt Protection - Life and Disability Protection packages are available to help protect your family and erase your debt
*4.50% Annual Percentage Rate is a variable rate which can change once a year in February
Theenda Burrus - NMLS #442952 Theresa Lohkamp - NMLS #442948
Tony DiGiovanni - NMLS #442950 Glenda Collins - NMLS #442954
Tracee Ryan - NMLS #442951 Jamie Hutchens - NMLS #442949
Rachel Becker - NMLS #442953
Federally Insured by the NCUA